It's been a crazy last few days here in the swamp so let's play a little catch up! First and foremost, today marks our 6 month mark!!! Tomorrow we will be 26 weeks along! Joseph is starting to make me wobble and feel like an old woman and the back pains have appeared. Holy moly are they miserable! I'm getting plenty of back rubs from Vince.
Thursday was a big day for sure for not only Vince and I but for my parents as well. My parents announced to us back in April that they were 80% sure they would be moving to Louisiana where my dad would be transferring to Stennis Space Center site, for Jacobs. It was a surprise to say the least! They then surprised us again saying that this big move would happen ASAP this summer! Since then my mom came to town for two weeks to start her house hunting mission. She accomplished this mission and went home to help my dad pack the giant truck that would make an 18 hour trip across the map. Now let's backup to this past Thursday. Thursday the official announcement was made that they would be moving! By the way, keeping that a secret for two months was ROUGH but I did it!!!
Now to Thursday for Vince and I. Back in May...ok... maybe April (pregnant brain here) Vince and I found a home in Covington that we fell in love with. It has all the important things we've been looking for in a home such as enough square footage, garage, and some updating that we wanted to do ourselves. And bonus it has amazing landscaping along with all the herbs, blueberries, cantaloupe, okra, bell peppers, and tomatoes I could ever want.
We finally closed on Thursday and can now call this house OURS! On Friday, we began that process of updating the ceilings. Popcorn ceilings
had to go. For two whole days, Vince scraped and I swept. The sweeping was and still is a lost cause at this point. We managed to get them done though, now the lengthy part begins...sanding, mudding, sanding, mudding, sanding, mudding...you get the point. This part was taking the most time since Vince was doing it all on his own. Luckily, my parents are finally here to help with the rest! After the ceilings are completely done, we move on to painting the entire house, should be easy enough with all three of my artists (Vince, mom, and dad). After painting is done, we then move on to reflooring the entire house. Vince and I have decided to be smart about it and lay hardwood laminate since we have a little one on the way and a dog, plus it's cheaper! Our mission is have this all done by August 1st so we can finally move in. I'm a little apprehensive about the timing and all that needs to get done but I have confidence that Vince and my parents can make this magic happen.
HOME!
We're not quite sure about this doggy door thing yet.
 |
| This was just a test spot, don't worry the fan was turned off and taken down. |
 |
| SANDING and MORE SANDING |
 |
| By day three, Berkeley's being put to work. |
 |
| We supervise |
 |
| Thank heavens for mom and dads shop vac! |
 |
| Shirts are now optional since the A/C must be turned off and it's now July in Louisiana.... |
How exciting! Congrats on the house!
ReplyDelete