Tuesday, March 30, 2010

M to the I.A.

Whoa, its been a while. I apologize I apologize I apologize!!! Life has taken a pretty big turn for the absolute BEST in the past couple of weeks, I've been staying prettttty bussssyyyyy. But lets just start with this past weekend, shall we? Yes, we shall.



Friday I left work early to spend what would be an incredible weekend with my Georgia Peach in the ever so famous Augusta, GA. Home of the Masters. Thats golf for all you nongolfer folks who live under rocks. The weekend began with dinner at BeesKnees where we chatted and discussed life and all the things to look forward to in the future. ahhh, good times. goooooood timesssssss.



Saturday my peach and I woke up semi early so we could hit the road to Asheville, NC. There, we decided to tour the Biltmore since I had never seen it before and since I had my own personal tour guide WHY NOT! So, off we went and what funnnn it was. We first ate lunch at The Stables which I didn't realize were...actual stables from way back when...so cool. After lunch we walked over to the mansion and whoa whoa whoa was it amazing. I get a little bothered with tours that have actual tour guides that show you around and tell you about things because if you know me than you know I have a slight ADD problem and cannot stay focused on one thing inparticular for long amounts of time and I really just like to talk sooo this usually leads the tour guide to rolling their eyes at me and giving me dirty looks, this does not sit well with me and will just ruin my experience all together, so instead of a tour guide I had my Peach(the artist and creative bug) show me around and point out the small details such as paintings, furniture, and also some behind the scenes info that I needed to know. The house was off the chang chang, I mean...I'd live there...
After much flirting, holding hands, and secret smooching on the staircases we eventually left the house to move on to the gardens.....where everything was dead. D-E-A-D! Yeah...no pictures were taken in front of the deadliness.....I can't work with brown and green. Instead, we hopped in the car and worked our way over to the free wine tasting(DUH! DUH!). Perfect way to end our day in Asheville.....until.....




My Peach took me to The Grove Park Inn!!!!!!!!!! He'd been telling me about it for a few weeks and I was ALL ears when I found out that Dirty Dancing was taped there...um DUH!!! NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER! And it was beautiful. So massive, perfect views, and the familiarity from the movie was impressive, I could actually feel myself in the movie....INCREDIBLE! We walked around a bit and sat in some rocking chairs where we admired the view and almost passed out. What? Walking around for 5 hours is exhausting AND drinking wine...c'mon!





It was getting late and we had a 3 hour drive back to Augusta so we decided to head on and skip walking around downtown, next time next time. :)

Sunday came around and we both hadn't been to church in a while so we got up at a decent time and headed to church, which too was incredible. It's so special to be able to spend that time with someone that knows and understands the feelings you get from church and not just any church but a Catholic one. The mass was awesome considering that we completely forget that it was PALM SUNDAY, woops! The music was even more awesome, its very rare that you find a Catholic church with good music and dangit if that choir didn't nail every note. I was verrrry impressed. So after mass we headed over for lunch at Takosushi (one of his favorites and now one of MINE, such amazing food!). After lunch we headed over to Toys R Us to pick out some Easter presents for his nephews, THAT was even more fun! It got me extremely excited for my new niece! YIPPEE!!!!!!! All the fun and cool things she's gonna get...whoa whoa whoa!

After our shopping spree it was about time for me to be on my way back to Charleston due to tornado warnings and rain. :( It was hard to say goodbye but it had to happen. Now, I look forward to this weekend. My Peach arrives this week as well as my parents on Friday. I'm really looking forward to BOTH of my parents being in town at the same time....its been almost a year since my dad has been here....workaholic. Its going to be great week/weekend, I can justttt feel it! :)

I have many more trips lined up (Hilton Head, Georgia Getaway Weekend, Nashville Wedding, and a possible trip to DC for two!) with Peach so prepare your ears, eyes, and thoughts...its going to be fun!!!!

3 comments:

  1. aww yayy!! so happy for you! i hope i can meet him sooooooon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, me too? send him to ohio so i can approve. or just make sure he's in town when i come visit!

    p.s. i love the biltmore and the grove park inn...and pretty much all of asheville. gorgeous (especially in the fall)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe you are just super cute. Can't wait to hangout with you guys!

    ReplyDelete