Joseph is now 19 months old! He is 22 pounds, 31 inches long and a healthy little squirt. I wish I could say he was growing like a weed and in some cases he is but poor thing is still in 9 month pants and shorts. The other day we did some swimming in his little pool and the swim suit I put on him were 3-6 months and falling off of him! We apparently have no booty.
He is a little chatter box though we have no idea what he's saying. He can however say 7 words and finally learned how to sign "more." His little personality continues to blossom and in some ways not so cute. He thinks that screaming at us is how he can get his way, but unfortunately that is currently being dealt with. He once was obsessed with closing doors and we think we have nipped that little novelty in the bud. Time-outs happen now, it doesn't seem to be a very sufficient way of handling bad behavior but we are sticking with it. It's a hard life for a toddler. :)
So the weather here has been absolutely beautiful. Not too hot. We are spending a lot of time outside playing in the pool, feeding ducks, and wagon rides around the yard. It feels nice to get out of the house and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air! It puts us all in a better mood when we're out of the house.
We are now 3 weeks away from little Jack's arrival. The house is ready and waiting and this mommy is beyond ready. Little Jack is running out of room and the swift kicks to my ribs are not as amusing as they were in the beginning. It now hurts! My doctor unfortunately had to move my delivery date to the 27th which I have cried about. We wanted the 26th for a very special reason but unfortunately whatever the doctor says, goes. If our guardian angel has anything to do with it, she'll make it happen :) She did grace us with her presence with a tropical storm when Joseph was born :) Either way, I know it will be a special day when this little man finally arrives. I'm excited for Joseph to have a playmate but a little sad that these last three weeks will be his final days of being an only child. I've enjoyed giving him all of my attention over the past year and a half...even when he's throwing those tantrums. I just hope one day he thanks me for giving him a little brother. We might be a long ways off for that to ever happen :)
| Big helper washing daddy's truck |
| Daddy teaching me how to bounce |
![]() |
| Splashing is all the entertainment he needs |
| More splashing |
| We love bubbles |
| Feeding the ducks |

No comments:
Post a Comment