Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oh, BABY

Friday was a big day for our family to say the least. However, let's back up to February 3rd (Superbowl Sunday). That Sunday morning, Vince and I woke to a very special surprise....a positive pregnancy test! For over a year and a half we had been trying for a little one and this day had finally happened for us! Being that we both can't keep a secret when something this huge is at play, we were on the phone calling our family to announce our incredible news. From there, the votes for boy or girl began and mom hit up the fabric store! We decided to keep it a secret from the entire world until we were a little further along and the longer we waited the more we realized that we should just wait until we knew what our little nugget would be. On Mother's Day after a quick weekend trip to Memphis, we came home and relaxed the rest of the night on the couch. It was then that we felt our first baby kicks and got us both anxious to know! It was an incredible feeling and such a gift for my Mothers-Day-to-be. I knew that we would find out sometime around my birthday and since this would be my first year not spending the day with my twin to celebrate, I went ahead and made the appointment on my birthday. It was the best decision ever.
Jumping forward to May 17th. Without any sleep the night before, I was awakened bright and early by my husband with heart shaped pancakes and presents to open. Luckily, our appointment was at 9am so we wouldn't have to wait the entire day. During our ultra sound we were able to see our little nugget and discover that HE was a BOY! I wasn't shocked a bit. Ok maybe a little bit shocked, only to discover that I had been right all along! Vince wasn't shocked either, although I know he secretly wanted a little girl. Maybe next time we can use all 28271632094 girl clothes my sister passed on to us. Until then they will just have to sit in the garage, patiently waiting. Consignment stores, I'm on my way! It's so exciting to find out the gender, we have friends that never found out with both of their little girls and let me tell you, it's not easy finding neutral stuff these days. I'm happy to know what colors to shop for! We thoroughly enjoyed this part of the appointment but seeing all of his arms, legs, fingers, toes, and heart was just as mind numbing. We also tried looking at his face but someone apparently is already taking after his father by being stubborn :). At first he was covering it with his hands and then when we came back to try and see it again, he did a complete face plant and was now on his belly. We'll find you little man! That being said, we have to wait until our next appointment to try and see his cute little eyes, nose and mouth. I still can't help but be amazed at this little guy and what a miracle life truly is. Knowing that he is inside me growing still has me in awe and thanking God for this giant blessing.
After our appointment, we headed home to pick up Berkeley and head to Fairview/Riverside Park to take a few announcement pictures. Unfortunately, Berkeley wouldn't cooperate (surprise surprise) so he was left out of our photoshoot...maybe next time buddy. I did get a photo of him when we first found out we were pregnant that I think will suffice for now though.
So the belly has definitely pooched out in just the past week, therefore the maternity jeans are on! And my are they comfortable! I was very lucky to have two sister/sister-in-laws who are done having babies to hand down ALL of their maternity clothes. I'm set. Until I come across that new maternity dress that calls my name somewhere. :) 
We are so happy and thrilled to be welcoming Joseph Thomas Lombardy to our family in October. We decided on the name Joseph because it's my father's name. It's a name that has been handed down for many generations and since my dad was lucky enough to have twin girls, it was forced to end. However, I knew from day one that I wanted to continue it on. My dad is a huge part of my life and has done more for me than any parent is obligated to do. He is our family's rock and I hope that our little Joseph will feel special to have been named after his Pa K.
God has truly blessed us. We prayed for this child and we were answered. I'm looking forward to all the joy he will bring to our lives and for all that God has in store for us with this little one.





 







No comments:

Post a Comment