Monday, May 13, 2013

Memphis Trip

Vince and I drove to Memphis this Mother's Day weekend to see my cousin Cody graduate from Saint Benedict at Auburndale High School! It's hard to believe he's now a college kid. Watching him walk across the stage makes me feel old and hard to believe that I did the very same thing 11 years ago!
In the fall, Cody will be attending Christian Brothers University (my dads school!) where he plans to study biochemical engineering...better him than me. Cody has turned out to be such a gentlemen and I am so proud of all his accomplishments. I know his dad is looking down on him, smiling and feeling proud as well.
On Sunday, on our way home we stopped by aunts house in Mississippi to have a yummy Memphis BBQ Mother's Day dinner. I always enjoy seeing my cousins and their babies. My cousin Becca had a baby 7 months ago (Braden) and we were finally able to meet the little sweetie and "try" to get some squeezes from him! My other cousin Ryan has a son (Carter) who is 2. Mr. Carter sure does have a little personality now. He's more like 2 going on 13 with a lot to say.
We enjoyed spending the weekend seeing all my family and playing catching up with everyone. I am extremely blessed to have them all in my life and look forward to another trip back.














No comments:

Post a Comment