Week three and I'm back in the game! I'm just getting things back in order since my adorable little nephews left. I usually hate doing my weekly chores but on this occasion it's as if my chores became a game finding all the little toys in hidden places such as Lego blocks (Berkeley helped find quite a few of these under the couches), mickey mouse slippers, and action heroes. If you know me well enough, you'd know that there is nothing about my house that screams children live here so finding these little gifts were amusing to me.
I enjoyed every second my family was here, it always reminds me of the large Thanksgiving's my parents hosted in Tennessee when I was growing up. Having 20 plus people in and out of the house to me is the only way to spend a holiday and seeing them leave is always sad because I know how quiet my house will become.
While the gang was here we accomplished a lot more than I ever thought we would. Campfires in the backyard, an adult night out in the city, a visit to city park, walking the French Quarter, visiting the WWII Museum, the Popcorn Bistro, Christmas tree shopping, and decorating the house for Christmas. Thanksgiving dinner was of course delicious. Laura and I slaved over the stove for what seemed only a few hours while the kids napped. The guys watched football in the bedroom while Laura and I took over the living room TV watching Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella. LOVE. Pretty sure my sister and I could re sight it word for word at some point in our life. While the kids were still napping, the adults enjoyed the feast. As an extra fun activity, I laid out paper on the table with colored pencils so everyone could write down what they were thankful for. This sweet little idea became a blow out drawing coloring contest. Of course my husband being the only artist in the house, won. Drawing turkeys, pigs, and weird looking pilgrims...everyone else jotted down all the things they were thankful for including wine, hot wives, lamps, etc. When the kids woke up from their nap they enjoyed their own little feast. Coloring for them was the highlight, of course.
I am extremely blessed to be apart of this family. Not only did they help me find my husband, my true love but they gave me an unconditional kind of love that makes me feel important and special.
 |
| Milo kisses are my favorite. |
 |
| Turkey's cook themselves for this Most Interesting Family. |
 |
| Playing Peek-A-Boo with Berkeley |
 |
| Nick's first dry aged steak and sad about the very last piece. |
 |
| Vince trying to shoot a turkey with his new Civil War canon |
 |
| Luca's a tree climber |
 |
| Drive-thru daquiri's on our way to the city |
 |
| Beignet's can be messy |
 |
| Let the play offs begin! |
 |
| Hello cuteness. |
 |
| World War II Museum |
No comments:
Post a Comment