The weeks keep flying by and I still have yet to find a job. It's getting a little frustrating but with the support of my loving husband, I know it will all be ok. Day in and day out I clean the house, doing loads and loads of laundry, kitchen clean up, and vacuuming the hardwood floors that are like magnets for my long luscious brown hair. Ew. And then I spend part of the day on the computer trying not to apply for crap. I really can't believe that it's been almost 2 months since I've been unemployed, seems like just yesterday I was in that daily work routine of getting up early to sit at a front desk where people liked to complain to me about their premiums. Where did those 2 years go? I had my first Louisiana interview last Monday for Aflac, but.... 1. going back to the insurance world was NOT my plan and 2. 100% commission is something we definitely don't have patience for, so I turned the job down when it was offered to me the next day.Since our plan is to not be in this area for very long we've decided that it would be best if I found an administrative position somewhere, which I'm totally ok with.....if I can ever find it.Louisiana has definitely been an experience for us, the people, the culture, and the area is a lot different than where we both come from. It's bothersome living in a place where people don't take pride in their community, trash fills the streets and broke down cars line the interstates....where am I? We decided on Slidell because it was the closest town to my husbands work place and it looked like it would have all that we could need; a mall, a target, a drive thru daiquiri bar....it all seemed fine to us. Now, we might be regretting it. Unfortunately, we are sticking it out until V's done with his second masters(yes, that's right, he's starting school again in December to get a second masters....I'llnever know what it's like to want more school....ever). So hopefully once he is done we can move on to thenext big and better move of our life. Stay tuned. To keep ourselves busy and occupied on the weekends we try and get out of the apartment and do something fun! And since I'm not working and all I see everyday are these walls, it's a nice break for me. This past weekend V was invited to go fishing with some guys from work on someone's boat dock on the bayou. So after work he headed out for night fishing, coming home with these little suckers!
Turned into THESE little suckers....
I would have preferred to have both the shrimp AND the blue crabs but I forget about the circle of life and the fact that the crab would have devoured the shrimp on the ride home, therefore I'm ok with just the crab. The next day while the crab chilled in the refrigerator V and I decided to head over to Covington, LA to experience the Renaissance Festival that was taking place at a park.
It was a pretty intense festival, the old wooden building were all decked out like in medieval times. We were able to watch the Wench Show, which were hilarious dirty *laundry washers* After the show we walked around a little more and was confronted by a man and his lute, V asked the man to sing me a love song, I'm not sure if it was his red beard that played the actual lute or if his fingers were actually strumming it...either way it was cute and very sweet of him to talk of my lips and my hair the way he did...
So after the impressive serenade by the old salty man, we headed over to see the jousting!
I was very excited, all I could think about was the movie "A Knight's Tale" and kept hoping that Heath Ledger would surprise me and jump on one of the horses. Of course it did not happen however the show was a hit and definitely the best thing I saw at the festival, very comical, and after much british lingo we were ready to hit the road back home to muster up something yummy to make with the crab that awaited us. On the way home we decided why not make some Crab Wontons? Should be easy? Right? Pretty easy indeed, of course I let V do all the cooking while I supervised. They were heavenly. We used a sweet & sour sauce as a dipping sauce but reduced it with orange juice, H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y! While we shoveled our faces with awesome homemade wontons we caught up on the Harry Potter movies. A few people from V's work have invited us to see the new Harry Potter this weekend at the IMAX in New Orleans! We are very excited so getting caught up on the movies was an absolute must!
Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Next week is Thanksgiving!!! Gobble Gobble!
No comments:
Post a Comment