Monday, October 11, 2010

Cajun Country!

Well here I am, getting all snuggled and settled in New Orleans! Finally! Last week was a long week considering I had to wait until Thursday afternoon for my final dress fitting. All week I was worried that it wouldn't be done and that I wouldn't be able to leave. However, my dress fitting went perfect and being that I was so anxious and ready to hit the road on Friday, I went ahead and left Thursday night! I stopped in Jacksonville for a few hours rest and then hit the road bright and early Friday morning for the remaining 6 hours! It was a gorgeous drive along the pan handle and seeing the sun come up behind me made me realize and think about all the things and people I was leaving behind. Charleston will always hold a very special place in my heart, it gave me some of the best friends, new family, and of course my incredible fiance! Though I was sad to leave behind those that I love, I am excited to be starting something totally new. New Orleans may not ever be what Charleston was but I know that it will give me more great memories.

My first weekend in my new home didn't really consist of a lot, which is exactly what I wanted. Not seeing fiance for 5 weeks was torture and all I wanted was a weekend locked indoors spending time with one another, which we did...lots of wine, popcorn, and movies were had! It took us two days to finally walk downstairs and unpack my car that was loaded down with luggage, clothes, large buckets, etc. Sunday we decided to finally get it all done, which turned into an all day project......that I'm still working on today...... ugh. Fiance went back to work this morning so I've been busy cleaning, putting away, and more cleaning. Its amazing how much stuff one person can actually have! And between the two of us...it's a little ridiculous.

So only 20 days more to go until we are husband and wife! I am so excited about the wedding weekend in Napa! Planning activities for 40 people in one weekend is a bit much so I'm sure things will NOT go as according to plan... :)

Thursday everyone flies in, day in San Francisco
Friday wineries while finally doing our engagement pictures
Friday night downtown in San Francisco
Saturday more wineries and spa day for the ladies
Saturday night rehearsal dinner for the family
Sunday WEDDING!

Hope everyone enjoys the new blog look. I thought it was time to change it up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment