Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Keepin up! But not with the Jones....

Check.
To deal with later...
Check.
Done.
Check.
I'll get to it...
Crap, I still have to finish that...

Ugh, these are all words that have been going through my head for the past 3 weeks. ok 4 weeks. I never thought planning a destination wedding would be so fierce. Its a lot and I am not one to keep a journal or planner to organize these details, therefore I'm currently stressing myself out and realizing that I have to get this stuff done in less than 30 days. I'm slowly marking things off of the list like earrings, brooch for hair and dress, flowers, cake and cake topper, pictures in San Fran? pictures in wine country?, officiant, musician to discuss music for the violinist and cello duet, linens(black? burgundy?)., and finalizing the menu with the wine pairing...I hate making decisions like these!!! It would be lovely if everything were just taken care of by themselves.
For the past week my head has been spinning and it's worse at night. During that quiet and comfy moment at night when I'm just about to fall asleep, all of these things start running through my head and then I'm awake for hours. So right now....I'm DONE thinking about wedding...instead I'd like to focus on other things that are going on!
Tomorrow is my LAST DAY WORKING!!!! For the month of October I have decided to take some time to relax and finish plans. Also to SPEND TIME WITH THE GROOM, who has been away for a month now. How have I handled the long distance? Ask him. AWFUL. I am miserable and a complete wreck with nothing nice to say about it. I am however looking forward to all the shopping we get to do once I'm there! There are a few things that we have to accomplish for our new home such as furniture. Between the two of us we were able to furnish an entire 3 bedroom apartment allowing us to have a fully furnished matching master bedroom, a guest bedroom that we are now calling the "George Washington room," and a computer room that holds 1300 books. yes, 1300. The groom furnished the living room with a matching leather couch and matching leather chair and created an automan for our little feetsies. So next on the list of items to buy are 1. bar stools and 2. Kitchen table oh and 3. Fall decorations!
Also, next on the list of things to do is buy plane tickets! Groom and I have been asked by my neice to be her god parents. Therefore, we have to purchase plane tickets for the first of December to fly to Tennessee for her baptism, and then plane tickets for Christmas. Since my brother-in-law has been given such an awesome time off for Christmas, groom and I have been discussing all of us flying to New Mexico. Anyone own a money tree I could borrow? Christmas in New Mexico would be an absolute blast and I'm praying it all works out for us. After Christmas we've been asked to go skiing in Breckenridge with some friends, however I'm starting to think a honeymoon is MORE important and will be necessary by that point.
Well that was my ramble for the week. Meet me back next week when I'm sitting around bored and still haven't made any phone calls to check off the wedding list....

No comments:

Post a Comment