Monday, August 30, 2010

Wanna grab a milkshake to celebrate?


E-N-G-A-G-E-D!!!!



Yes, you read that right. Boyfriend...ahem....Fiance popped the question Friday night.....in a McDonalds parking lot....me in my pajames.....with the ring on a key chain. Romantic? Helllllzzzz yeah it was!!!! This past weekend fiance's sister asked me if I would watch their dog over the weekend so they could have a family vacation to myrtle beach. Friday morning fiance left for Augusta to pack up his stuff into the UHaul and then was venturing down to New Orleans, unfortunately when I got off of work he had dead bolted all of the doors and I wasn't able to get in to let the poor dog out to potty. Without a spare key in sight or anywhere to be found it came down to me either meeting him in Columbia or having him drive all the back to Charleston to bring me the key. Being the sweet, darling girlfriend that I was I drove to Columbia to meet him. After my hour and a half drive with a lot of huffing and puffing, we met in a McDonalds parking lot where he hopped in my car and handed me the key....with a gorgeous three stone diamond ring on the keychain! I had no idea and was surprised by far! After he popped the question and all the tears were whiped from my face, he asked me if I wanted to celebrate over a milkshake, oh honey I would but seriously, I would scare even the McDonald's people with my pajama outfit and pony tail! And shortly after, I was back on the road to Charleston without my fiance. :(
The Ring is by far the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen, its also sentimental because fiance used his mothers two diamonds to put on either side of the larger center diamond. The ring was specially made so that it matched up perfectly with my wedding band, which too was his mothers. I am very honored to be able to wear such amazing jewelry that was once worn by such an amazing woman, according to not only her son and daughter but by everyone else that knew her.

Ring.....Check! Gorgeous ring....CHECK CHECK!


So now for the wedding plans. I literally did not realize how much work and effort goes into a wedding and having a wedding in 2 months is definitely not the norm so things are a little more demanding. Friday evening my mom came into town so that she could here for the dress shopping extravaganza. On Saturday, me, my mom, my sister, and my neice all headed to the dress shop to try on all the pretty dresses that I had in mind. After an hour of trying on only 3 dresses, the third one was picked and out the front door we went with dress in hand!


Dress...Check!


On Sunday my sister and our friend Lindsey all headed out to do a little invitation hunting. Since our wedding is on Halloween, fiance and I decided to do a masquerade theme wedding (everyone at dinner is going to be wearing masks) therefore, I had to come up with something creative and fun! We found some really fun things and now we are currently in the process of getting everything together and printed, just waiting on the perfect time to have the ceremony. 5? 6? ugh, i don't really care as long as its dark and there are lights hanging above my head. :) The ceremony is being held in Napa Valley at the Culinary Institute of America on Halloween. We are very excited about this venue because everything is done for us. The only thing that we are having to pick out is the menu for dinner which is held in the barrel room, a musician to play during the ceremony, and whether we want round tables or a long family style table which we've opted to take just to make things a little more intimate and....family style!

Two days before the wedding we fiance and I are making a trip to San Francisco to take pictures.....yes thats right...our engagement pictures because 1. we now live 12.5 hours apart 2. our photographer lives in San Francisco and 3. You really can't beat having pictures done in San Francisco!


VENUE....Check!
PHOTOGRAPHER....CHECK! (My brother-in-laws aunt!)

With all of the decisions that have to be made we are learning more and more about one another and falling more and more in love. I am so lucky and so incredibly happy to be marrying the man of my dreams. I thank God for him every day and pray that he will bless us with a happy marriage full of love.....in cajun country! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment