Thursday, May 6, 2010

Touring My Southeast!

The past couple of weeks have been almost a complete blur from running all around the southeast, literally running.....ok not really just a lot of driving. I've always wanted to just drop everything that was going on in my life and travel around the world seeing and experiencing new and exciting things, however work seems to always get in the way of that idea and lets be honest I really enjoy driving a nice looking car and having a roof over my head so the travel idea has me stuck.....until a few months ago when I started dating the most amazingly random man i've ever met. His love for travel and randomness is exactly what the doctor ordered for my life. It's going on 2 months now that we've been together and my life hasn't stopped for a split second. Since I work full time during the week we try and take full advantage of the weekends...and boy do we.



Our first weekend away together was spent in Augusta with a day in Asheville visiting the Biltmore.... (this blog can be found http://jennakate84.blogspot.com/2010/03/m-to-ia.html

A few weeks later we were in Hilton Head at the Verizon Heritage Golf Tournament where I experienced my very first pro golf tournament. We stayed with some friends in a suite at the Marriot Grand Ocean Resort. The weekend was perfect.

This past weekend we traveled to Blue Ridge, GA for a weekend getaway in a cabin on the lake. It was an incredible weekend packed with alcoholic beverages, boating, play time on the dock, more alcoholic beverages, hammock naps, hot tub nights, and a flip flop hike up waterfalls. I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing weekend with my special one.

And now this weekend I'm looking forward to another Highway 20 Ride, destination Augusta to spend another weekend away from all things Charleston. Just another opportunity for me to bond with my Honda.

More weekends away are planned and I can't seem to take all of the anticipation and excitement! I promise to take more pictures at some point....I just get wrapped up in all the funness and forget to share. Sorry!

And then ladies and gentlemen NEXT WEEKEND IS MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!! 26!!!!!! The weekend is packed with a Lady Antebellum Concert, a fancy Air Force Captains party on a boat, Birthday festivities, and a friendly cookout with all my favorite Charlestonians, oh and lets not forget a DAY OFF from work!!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you're having so much fun. i love your legs! heheheeh

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your toenail polish!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete