Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Home Is Where The Heart Is

We have officially been in the house for a few weeks now and it's a huge relief! The flooring was the last thing to go in before we moved in and I still can't believe what a huge difference it has made. The house finally seems more put together and OURS. Once we were moved in with the awesome help of my aunt and cousins who slaved in the heat for me, we were able to start the decorating process...which of course is our favorite part. We've also been able to finally start putting the nursery together slowly. The week before we moved in, mom and I decided the closets needed a makeover and while Vince was at work we ripped out all of the old nasty wire racks and repainted both spare closets. I was more worried about the baby's closet being that we would need all the storage space in the world for his things so I called in yet another favor from Pa K. Over the past weekend, he worked on creating a wonderful closet with lots of extra shelving. I am so excited to paint it and get all of Joseph's goodies organized! Thanks Pa K for all of your hard work! While Pa K was putting his creativity to work on the closet, my mom and Vince were busy stripping furniture for the nursery. We've decided to use my old baby bed, my sisters dresser from years ago, as well as an old rocking chair that was once my dads! (Side note: this rocking chair was left on my grandparents front porch with a big bow on it when my father was born and to this day no one knows who left it there.) It's made a few trips around the states and can finally call home in yet another Joseph's room. Growing up I also knew the chair being black and in high school my dad painted it white to match my bedroom. Needless to say it needed a slight face lift. Stay tuned for the outcome. So here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks. Hopefully once everything is finished, I will post some after photos...that's if it's all complete by the time little man makes his appearance.
We are so grateful for all of our family and their hardwork. It was a strenuous couple of weeks and not being able to help much was frustrating on my part. We could not have completely any of these projects if it weren't for my parents as well as my aunt and cousins who helped us make the big move. I look forward to many dinners with friends and families to celebrate both the new house as well as the little man.

Slapping it on
Lots of cutting in
The flooring arrived! Happy Day!
The supervising crew 
Maneuvering 
Flooring battle wounds

BUSY
Thimble checking out the boys work

The puppies like it 
 
Sweating or glistening? 
Thank goodness for muscles
And another that cleans 
Stripping for the baby
Closet stuff for the baby 
The rocking chair


No comments:

Post a Comment